Monday, March 31, 2014

Birthday Party x Four

I've been so busy lately with my surgeries, going to doctor's appointments and preparing a talk for my church's stake conference, all in addition to trying to stay on top of all of the other things I'm involved in that I've neglected my blog lately. So now I'm trying to catch up by making some posts about a few things that happened earlier this month.

At the beginning of March I saw my sister Sharon and her family when they took a trip over spring break. Three of Sharon's six kids have birthdays in March, and another one has a birthday in April, so we had a combined birthday party for them.  My mom tried a new cake recipe… it was good, but we all agreed that the recipe wasn't worth saving.
Three out of four of the birthday kiddos were sick, so we left it to Sharon to blow out the candles to prevent germs from being blown over top of it. We made sure she held her hair back and she and my mom reminisced about Sharon's 9th birthday when she caught her hair on fire while blowing out her birthday candles. Thankfully that's never happened again!
After dinner we opened birthday presents. Here's Sharon with little Poodle, and Kate with the Webkinz owl she eyed while shopping at Hobby Lobby with my mom and sister when they went shopping after Christmas. My mom went back and bought it and got an awesome deal on it. [I didn't know what Webkinz were until a couple years ago. They are toy stuffed animals that have a playable online counterpart in "Webkinz World". On Webkinz World the user is able to own a virtual version of the pet for online play.]
To say that Matt is all-boy seems like an understatement when you consider his love of all things tool/lawn equipment (read more about "Manly Matt" in THIS cute post). My mom and I decided to get him a toy weed whacker, or "bee-whacker" as Matt refers to it. I'm not sure why, but he also calls his lawnmower a "blawnmower." :) Anyway, Mattie loved his present!
I gave Rachel some reusable sticker books (where were those when I was a kid?!) and my mom gave her a puzzle and a Pinkalicious book.
My mom gave Emi a pounding bench and I gave her a little dress, which she looks adorable in, I might add!
Matt and Emi are so cute together; I'm glad they're such great friends! It's hard to believe they are 4 and 2 already! 
Yay for birthdays; they're always much more fun when you can celebrate them with family!

1 comments:

Lorraine said...

The pictures are adorable. Thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...